Breathe, Connect, Create

Breathe, Connect, Create...

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ho! Ho! Snow!




I'm the type who doesn't like change. I love traditions. I love old standbys. And I only like my foods to be prepared the way Mom and Grandma made them (ask anyone, I'll only eat "our" potato salad, no grocery store remix for me!) That being said, the last couple of years has been all about change. One of the changes made this year that I really liked was hosting Christmas at our house. My siblings and I have always been woken up together on Christmas morning and with new family shifts I was not willing to let that go. So we brought in the air mattresses, cuddled up and waited for Santa to come together.
 This year's Santa!!!!
And although the setting and circumstances were definitely different everything felt like home! 

*Minor details like a surprise trip home for my brother, a gifted weekend getaway, my shark steam mop and being snowed in the next day only sweetened the deal.*

No comments:

Post a Comment