Breathe, Connect, Create

Breathe, Connect, Create...

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Bee's Knees

Working on a resolution that didn't make the public list, I found myself in need of a recipe that wasn't high in fat and calories but would still satisfy my need for bread. I found this. And now make them every Sunday!

Low-Cal Banana Muffins

3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup bran (I grind in the food processor)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 baking soda
1 cup mashed bananas
1/4 cup splenda or honey
1/4 cup applesauce
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray muffin tin.
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In another bowl beat banana, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Stir in applesauce.
Gradually stir in flour mixture. Do not overmix.
Divide batter between muffin cups. Will make 12 muffins unless you've also got a 5 year old who thinks the batter is just "the bee's knees".
Bake for 15-20 minutes. I use the toothpick trick.

The website that I adapted this from breaks down the nutritional information and states that there are only  76.7 calories in each muffin. But their recipe uses sugar not splenda. Sooooo, for my purposes I round down and claim that MY muffins only have 50 calories!!!

That's what I'm talking about!

This recipe has been adapted form the Low-Cal Banana Muffins recipe that can be found on SparkRecipes.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment