Breathe, Connect, Create

Breathe, Connect, Create...

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Buried Treasure!

My LB (Lovebug) was feeling a bit under the weather today and she was craving all of Mommy's attention. When I had finally run out of entertainment ideas she asked for a tea party. Aha! This reminded me of the tea set that I had saved from my childhood that my Grandma made for me! So together my daughter and I dug out what appeared to be an ordinary box, but would indeed prove to be a treasure chest of sorts:

*see that golden goodness peaking out*
So we began to dig and with each layer of tissue paper we removed: another treasure was found. I don't think LB fully shared my enthusiasm until the box was empty and in the corner she found this: 
"Mommy, this really is a treasure box!", she exclaimed : )


Once we unwrapped and washed all of the pieces I was amazed that there were actually two COMPLETE sets. The yellow is mine and the pink is my sisters. My set was made for me in:

1990!

After I finishing reminiscing we finally had our party, and we managed to get the boys in on it too!




Crumpets anyone? 



No comments:

Post a Comment