Breathe, Connect, Create

Breathe, Connect, Create...

Saturday, January 1, 2011

The List

Alright, I'm bringing it. Here are my promises to myself about how I'm going to live this year.

1. Live.
     ~ Although I don't believe in all of the 2012 mumbo jumbo I don't want to take any chances so I want      
        to think less and do more.
2. Do less and be more. 
     ~ It seems counterintuitive to the before mentioned goal but this one has more to do with trying not to
        expect so much of myself and trying to allow myself to be more in the moment rather than trying to
        plan what the next five moments are going to be. Basically, this has a lot to do with not
        overbooking my family's time so we can enjoy more of each other.
3. Use what we have on hand.
      ~ I want to keep thinking about alternative uses for things so that I don't have to run out to the store
         for every little item = more shopping from my home. And maybe even put aside the money I
         would be spending in a little vacation fund?
4. Seasonal Daycations
       ~ This is a recycle from last year and we really enjoyed it!
5. Create a Nighttime Routine
       ~ Just as infants require routines, I think my life could benefit greatly from them. I want to start
          preparing more for our day the night before so our mornings are more enjoyable and hopefully this
          practice will then spill over into other aspects of my life.
6. Establish Sunday as a Day of Rest
       ~ I know this will take a while to work, but I think that if we try hard to intentionally make it happen
         we may be pleasantly surprised.
7. Keep Up With This Space
       ~ Although this is just the beginning I think this blog has already helped me to keep my head clear
          and I want to keep that going.
8. Photos
       ~ I have only had our new camera for two weeks and I have already uploaded nearly 200 usable
          pictures. I want to keep this trend going and maybe sit down once a month and place a print order.
          At the end of the year I would like to make a album.
9. Mailbox Mondays
       ~ Over the past year a lot of my family members have made big moves to different parts of the
          country. I want to stay in touch with them and so my goal is to send at least one letter or package
          via snail mail each monday. I know that when we lived away checking the mailbox was my
          favorite part of the day and I hope I can brighten theirs also!

Ok, that's it. Not too much right?!?!!!!!  Uh, but its out there and I think that will mentally make me feel more accountable. Happy New Year Y'all. I'm off to make a big ol' pot of black eyed peas to get this year started off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment