Breathe, Connect, Create

Breathe, Connect, Create...

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pantry Remix!

This is the last week of break for me before classes crank back up again. As such, I had set a couple of goals for my self and our house, feeling confident that I could get them done because the kids (Riley and the child I take care of) are back in school so I have the days to myself. One of those goals was to reorganize my pantry so that it functions better for our family.

Here is the shot of the chaos before:

Plus this:

This:

And this:
* Don't judge my goofy amount of Doritos, we scored almost a year's worth of free coupons*

So, after completely emptying out the pantry, wiping down the shelves and categorizing all of the food items, I began to think about how I wanted everything to look when I stuffed it all back in there. It was difficult to decide what to put where but I knew that I wanted to focus more on the content of the boxes rather than having the space be cluttered by the logos of the boxes. So... I searched my reusables stash and collected all types of jars and bins to better organize things. A neatly shaped orange juice container became the new home for our Goldfish crackers. Dog treat containers now store noodles and jelly jars now contain rice and beans. I also moved most of our seldom used kitchen appliances into our laundry room storage. 

And now the moment you've been waiting for:


Top Shelf: My ridiculous amount of Doritos.
Second Shelf: Pastas, Tomato Products, Canned Vegetables
Third Shelf: Lunch Stuff (crackers, granola bars, soups, etc)
Fourth Shelf: Breakfast stuff and snacks
Floor: 3 bin rack (potatoes, bread), Kitchenaid, overstock items

I have no idea if this is going to work, but it is definitely better than it was before.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! (And you can never have too many Doritos!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmagoodness! Is this THE Moly Green of Econobusters? What an honor! I check you out every Friday for the Freebies, love those! And thanks for the comment, eventually I'll be painting the pantry using the House of Smith's pantry re-do as my inspiration, its amazing!

    ReplyDelete